The late Larry Burkett, founder of Christian Financial Concepts (later Crown Ministries), discovered that a large number of the Christians he was counseling financially were embedded in fields of work that they were obviously NOT designed by God to do. Such mismatches caused these Christians not only heartache and stress; they also caused financial trouble. When people engage in work for which they aren’t suited, they typically don’t perform well, and half-hearted effort usually results in half-hearted pay.
In the late 1980s, Larry envisioned a tool that would help people discover what kind of work God designed them to do, and the Career Direct Assessment was born. Now, with 25+ years and over $2 million invested in its development, the Career Direct Assessment has been designed by Christian professionals in collegiate, mathematical, and psychological fields to help people understand and pursue God’s calling for their lives. Pursuing the work for which God has designed us means that our work ceases to be an empty race for money. Instead, it becomes a purpose-filled work from God! Over 150,000 high school students, college students, and adults worldwide have utilized the Career Direct Assessment to:
- Discover their unique vocational design, which is comprised of their personality, interests, skills/abilities, and values.
- Maximize their God-given talents and abilities.
- Find more satisfaction in life by choosing the right career.
- Choose the college major (or other training) that will help them obtain the work that God has for them to do.
Discovering what kind of work God designed us to do is the first step in pursuing our career calling. But, there are many other steps, including researching which career fields fit our design, preparing for our work through education and training, and competing for jobs that align with our design. Desiring to help his own children take these steps, HopeBound Ministries board member Robbie Romeiser founded Career Callings to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. HopeBound Ministries has partnered with Career Callings to make career design and coaching services available to individuals who otherwise would not be able to afford such services. We at HopeBound Ministries prayerfully request that you consider supporting Hope Careers in one or more of the following ways:
- Pray! Please please pray that God would guide, equip, energize, and protect Robbie’s ministry and family daily. There is nothing more valuable and encouraging to Christian workers than to have a team of intercessory prayer warriors bathing them in prayer regularly.
- Fund! One of HopeBound Ministries’ purposes is to raise funds to cover some or all of the costs of offering Christian career coaching services to individuals who could otherwise not afford such services. Please prayerfully consider contributing to Hope Careers. Checks can be made payable to HopeBound Ministries with “Hope Careers” in the memo line. The HopeBound Ministries mailing address is P.O. Box 5138, Spartanburg, SC 29304-5138. Or, you can donate online by going to our Donate page.
Thank you in advance for partnering with HopeBound Ministries and the Christian career coaching services of Career Callings. To learn more about Career Callings, please visit www.careercallings.net. To apply for financial help regarding Career Callings‘ coaching services, please contact HopeBound Ministries by filling out the Contact Form below:
Thank you in advance for partnering with HopeBound Ministries and Hope Careers. Together we can make a Godly difference in the lives of men and women of all ages who want to find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do!